Best Step-by-Step Recipe for Pan-Seared Salmon
Directions for Cooking Pan Seared Salmon
Atlantic Salmon fillets
2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Using the Cue app, set your Cue smart induction burner to 450°F (232°C) or 425°F (218°C) depending on if your salmon has skin.
If using a standard cooktop, set your stove to medium-high.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to your pan.
- While your pan is heating up, measure your salmon and refer to the Hestan Cue Pan-Seared Salmon guide to determine the appropriate time per side.
- Using a paper towel dry your fish thoroughly, then season as needed with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Once your pan is preheated, sear the first side or skin side of your salmon for 1 minute.
- Reduce the temperature to 400°F (204°C) and cook your salmon for the appropriate time.
- Flip your salmon, and set your timer for the second cook time. If desired you can add aromatics at this step and baste your salmon.
- When your salmon is finished, remove from the pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes.