Step by Step for Pan Seared Scallops
Skip the overcooked, rubbery scallops and make the most of your mollusks. Learn how easy it is to cook perfectly buttery scallops with a delicate, tender texture using precise temperature control on the stovetop.
Follow along for the full step-by-step recipe below for restaurant quality Scallops at home.
Up to 8 U-8 or U-10 Scallops
2 Tbsp Cooking Oil
Kosher Salt and Pepper as needed
- Using the Cue app, set your Cue smart induction burner to 450° F (232° C) or If using a standard cooktop, set your stove to high.
- Add 1 tablespoons of oil to your pan.
- While your pan is heating up, refer to the Hestan Cue Guide to Scallops and Shrimp to determine the appropriate time per side.
- Using a paper towel dry your Scallops thoroughly, then season as needed with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Once your pan is preheated, sear your Scallops on the first side for 3 minutes.
- Once seared flip your Scallops and lower the temperature to 350°F (176° C). Finish cooking your Scallops for 40 seconds. At this time you can add an additional tablespoon of butter or oil along with the aromatics (garlic and sprig of thyme) and baste your Scallops.
- When your Scallops are finished, remove from the pan and enjoy.