Kick off your spring with this chef-tested and approved Chili Con Carne recipe for Cue and be the chili champ and all-around hero for your next cook-off in no time.
Cook up a big ol' batch of classic southern chili and have enough to feed the whole family for days. This tasty Chef's Pot recipe balances the heat of fresh chorizo sausage and jalapeño with a healthy helping of beer for a crowd-pleasing cookout treat.
Here's a few #CueTips to cook this chili like a champ:
- Save money by batch cooking at the beginning of the week and have dinner taken care of from Monday through Friday
- Save time with this pre-loaded shopping cart that has all the ingredients you need to get cooking
- Switch up the carne for ground turkey for a simple and healthy version
Save Time & Money with Batch Cooking
Weekday lunches and weeknight meals take time and, well, it gets expensive. Here's how batch cooking in the Chef's Pot with recipes like chili can save you some money. Let's break it down using chili as an example, for say...a family of six:
Take-out: 6 servings of chili = $75 ($12.50 per meal)
Home-cooked: Ingredients for 6 servings = $26 ($4.33 per meal)
Total savings per cook = $75 - $26 = $49
Total savings per year = 10 weeks x $49 = $490 or 600 meals
That's a whole lot of chili, and a whole LOT of savings.
Pre-Loaded Chili Shopping List
Skip the planning and grocery store madness with these easy-to-order, pre-loaded shopping lists. Get either the basics (in case you already have the condiments and seasonings on-hand) or go with the full list, condiments and all.
When you view the shopping list click on the link with the arrow in upper right hand corner to add the items to you Amazon, Instacart of Walmart shopping cart to easily order online.
Recipe Preview: Chili Con Carne
- Canola Oil x 3 Tbsps
- Yellow Onion x 1
- Garlic Clove x 3
- Jalapeno x 2
- Ground Beef x 1lb
- Chorizo x 5 oz
- Lager Beer x 12oz
- San Marzano Tomatoes x 1.5 cups
- Chili Powder x ¾ tsp
- Cumin (ground) ½ tsp
- Smoked Paprika x ½ tsp
- Cayenne Pepper ¼ tsp
- Dijon Mustard 1 tsp
- Kosher Salt 2 tsps
- Black Pepper 15 turns
- Canned Pinto Beans
- Cheddar Cheese 1 cup
- Scallions 3
- Servings - 6
- Place the Chef’s Pot on the Induction Cooktop and preheat it until 325˚F - this will take about ~2 seconds because induction is quick.
- Add the Canola oil
- Stir in the onions and cook for 4 minutes at 325˚F
- Stir in the jalapeños together with the onions and cook for 2 minutes at 325˚F
- Stir in the garlic together with the onions and cook for 1 minutes at 325˚F
- Stir in the ground beef with the onions, garlic and jalapenos and cook for 3 minutes at 325˚F
- Stir in the Chorizo for 2 minutes at 325˚F
- Stir in the Beer for 10 minutes at 225˚F
- Stir in the San Marzano Tomatoes
- Cook the Chili for 19 minutes at 215˚F
- Add the Spice Mix
- Season the Chili
- Add the Pinto Beans
- Cook the Chili
- Garnish and Serve: Finish each bowl of chili with sliced scallions and cheddar cheese and serve immediately.
Get Cooking with the Chef's Pot
No Chef's Pot? No worries. Gear up with a new combo of the Hestan Cue set featuring the Chef’s Pot + Smart Induction Burner together, for the first time ever.
We’ve got a limited availability of Chef’s Pots, so we’re giving you the hook up to snag this set before it's too late.